PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
The Human Resources Manual provides guidance on personnel and payroll policies and procedures, employee classifications, regulations and benefits and outlines methods and schedules for employee pay. The purposes of the Human Resource Services Manual are to:
- Provide the personnel and payroll policies and procedures affecting the various categories of University employees.
- Outline the employee classifications, regulations and benefits.
- Establish requirements and instructions for submission of Human Resource System data.
- Outline the conditions, methods and schedules of employee pay.
- Provide format and instructions for the time and effort reporting system.
- Outline provisions and procedures of the workers' compensation insurance coverage.
The classifications of employees, rates of pay, leave policies, insurance benefits and retirement are prescribed by state regulations and by the Board of Governors. The personnel policies and procedures are issued in compliance with the rules and regulations of the Colorado State Personnel System, where applicable. Basic payroll policies and procedures are contained in the CSU System Fiscal Rules and CSU Financial Rules and Financial Procedure Instructions.
If through administrative error any part of the manual is in conflict with State law, rules of the State Personnel System, or policies of the Board of Governors, such other authority prevails.
The Human Resource Services Manual is available online at: https://hr.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2020/06/HRS-Manual-Human-Resource-Services-Colorado-State-University.pdf
Print Version: Click Here to Print