In the event of financial exigency, there are procedures that administrators must follow in implementing layoffs of personnel. The State Personnel Board Rules, Chapter 7, establish a framework for those procedures for State Classified positions; however Human Resource Services is responsible for enforcing policies for laying off all categories of employees and information regarding layoffs is available in the Human Resource Services Manual.
- Layoff/Job Abolishment Policy for state classified positions: Human Resources Manual, section 3, at p.7; State Personnel Board Rules, Chapter 7.
- Policy governing layoffs affecting Administrative Professional positions, non-tenured faculty, and other at-will positions: see Administrative Professionals and Non-Tenured Academic Faculty (“At-Will” Employment) and Academic Faculty/Administrative Professional Manual section D.5.6.
- Policy governing layoffs affecting tenured positions: Academic Faculty/Administrative Professional Manual section E.16.
- Colo. Const. Art.XII, Sections 13, 14 and 15
- C.R.S. §§ 24-50-109.5, 24-50-124, 24-50-126, 24-50-136
Print Version: Click Here to Print