PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
University recognized student organizations may use University vehicles when specific conditions are met.
Student organizations may use University vehicles only when the following conditions are met:
- The organization is officially recognized by Student Leadership, Involvement, and Community Engagement (SLiCE) located in the Lory Student Center.
- The use is consistent with the policies of the University, including those listed in the brochure entitled "Use of State-Owned Vehicles" available at Transportation Services, and is consistent with the goals of the University.
- The organization funds must be on deposit with the University and the organization must be subject to budgetary control and other University procedures.
- Reimbursement must be made for the use of the State-owned vehicles, including direct and indirect costs. IMO's are approved by SLiCE.
- In the case of conferences, workshops, or meetings attended by residents of a campus housing unit, the head resident is authorized to serve as the employee accompanying the students. The employee shall indicate his/her agreement in writing to Motor Pool/Transportation Services or to the department head in case the vehicle is permanently assigned to the department. An authorized volunteer may accompany student groups on travel. A Vehicle Authorization Form must be completed and full emergency contact information provided to SLiCE prior to travel.
- When more than one vehicle goes to the same destination on a trip outside the Fort Collins area, with but one University employee along, the vehicles shall travel together as a caravan.
- When vehicles are obtained for use only in the Fort Collins area, use shall be limited to moving of heavy or bulky materials in connection with an official University event.
- Signs are used on State vehicles whenever the use of the automobiles might be misunderstood. The signs should indicate the nature of the trip and that the automobiles are not being used at State expense.
Print Version: Click Here to Print