University facilities are in constant demand for use by CSU departments, groups and individuals as well as those external to the university. Meeting this demand while avoiding scheduling conflicts and preserving and protecting the facilities and their users is a complex and challenging process. In order to best serve the interests of the university, treat all users fairly, and assure the continuing availability of high quality facilities, the Department of Facilities Management has issued this Campus Facility Use Manual.
This manual represents the university’s official policy. The goals of this policy are:
- To centralize and coordinate the process of scheduling facilities.
- To minimize scheduling conflicts throughout the campus community.
- To maintain and enforce consistent scheduling policies and priorities.
- To maintain and enforce consistent procedures.
- To maintain and enforce consistent fees and contracts for rental facilities.
- To increase campus awareness of events.
- To provide a designated liaison to the local community with regard to scheduling of programs and events on campus.
- To increase the use of campus facilities, thus providing additional revenue to the university.
- To aid in the coordination of academic and non-academic scheduling priorities.
- To help protect the safety of the university community and preserve the integrity and condition of the university’s facilities.
To access the Campus Facility Use Manual online, go to: https://www.fm.colostate.edu/files/forms/FacilityUseManual.pdf
Prior revision effective 10/4/2013
Revision 2.0 effective 3/1/2015
Revision 2.01 effective 7/10/2015
Print Version: Click Here to Print